- Lacoon Mobile Security
Apple offers instructions on how to cancel iOS update that has already been started on its support website. However, the process for cancelling updates differs between iOS 10 and earlier ios versions of the operating system. The software updating process is simple and only requires a few steps to complete. Read on to learn it!
- 1 Can I Stop An iPhone Update In Progress?
- 2 How To Stop iPhone Update While Installing
- 3 How To Disable Automatic iOS Update Downloads And Installs On Your Device
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Conclusion
Can I Stop An iPhone Update In Progress?
If you want to pause or cancel the iOS update process, you may do so at two points throughout the process: while it is downloading and while it is installing.
This is because over-the-air iOS upgrades occur in two stages: Before downloading the iOS software update, the iPhone first downloads the iOS update file to your iPhone.
You must temporarily unplug your iPhone from the internet to halt a download that is currently in progress since there is no stop button. You may halt the download of the update file itself, even if the download is only half completed, by doing the following steps:
- Control Center should be opened (by swiping down from the top right corner on the iPhone X and newer or swiping up from the bottom of the screen on earlier models).
- To activate Airplane Mode, tap the Airplane Mode symbol in the upper left corner until it illuminates.
- Close Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen or touching an empty area of the screen to close the program completely.
- By heading to Settings > General > Software Update, you can confirm that the iOS update download has been terminated. If the Download button is illuminated, it means that the download has come to an end.
How To Stop iPhone Update While Installing
Check the status of the download
To find out whether or not the update has been completed, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If the message “Update Requested” appears, restart the iPhone, and the update should be cancelled.
However, if the update is now downloading or has already been received and is being prepared, the following procedures will cancel it immediately.
Prevent The iOS Update From Downloading And Installing On Your Device
1) Go to the iPhone Settings app and choose General.
2) Tap iPhone Storage from the drop-down menu.
3) Once the screen has loaded, scroll down to locate and touch on the iOS update file to install it on your iOS device.
4) Tap Delete Update from the drop-down menu and confirm that you want to delete it.
You have successfully prevented the further download of your iPhone or iPad update from continuing after it has begun. Congratulations!
When you return to the Software Update page, you will find that you have the option to Download and Install the most recent update once again. Click on this option to continue. As a result of deleting the partly or completely downloaded update file, the previously running update was terminated.
If you wish to update the device later, go to Settings > General > Software Update and choose Download and Install from the drop-down menu.
iOS software update was canceled in the middle of development. The following steps will show you how to stop an iOS update from downloading and installing entirely.
How To Disable Automatic iOS Update Downloads And Installs On Your Device
You may configure your iPhone to download and install iOS updates independently, without your intervention. Although this function makes it simple to keep your phone up to date, you may like to have more control over when those downloads and installations take place.
The following are the procedures to choose your iOS update settings:
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select General from the drop-down menu.
- Select Software Update from the drop-down menu.
- Select Automatic Updates from the drop-down menu.
- On this page, you have the following options:
Download iOS Updates: This option determines whether or not updates are downloaded but not installed (the following item is about that). To avoid automatic downloads, move the slider to the off/white position. The second choice will be hidden as a result of this.
However, you may leave this slider set to on/green to continue downloading files while still controlling the installation using the following option described below.
Installing iOS Updates consists of two steps: This setting determines whether upgrades that have previously been downloaded are installed automatically or must be performed manually by the user. Move this slider to the off/white position to manually apply the updates.
What Is The Best Way To Update My Iphone?
To wirelessly update the iOS on your iPhone, enter the Settings app and choose General > Software Update from the drop-down menu. Your phone will scan for and show any iOS upgrades currently available. If one is available, choose Download and Install from the drop-down menu, followed by Install Now.
What Is Causing My iPhone To Refuse To Update?
If your iPhone iOS is refusing to update, it’s possible that there isn’t an iOS update available for you to install. Having insufficient iPhone storage space may cause an uninstalled update that won’t install or a freeze during the installation.
Using your computer to update your iPhone may be a better option. An issue with your internet connection might be preventing you from updating your software.
What Is The Best Way To Update Applications On An iPhone?
The App Store app may be opened by tapping your profile picture and then selecting “View Available App Updates.” This will display any available app updates. Press Update to apply a specific update, or tap Update All to install all of the currently available updates.
You may enable automatic downloads for your applications by going to Settings > App Store and turn on Automatic Downloads.
What Happens If You Shut Down Your Iphone While It’S Updating?
When Disconnecting While Updating When you unplug the iPhone during an update, it may disrupt the flow of data and cause it to become unusable or “bricked” since the system files may be corrupted.
That’s all about how to cancel an update on an iphone. Lacoon hope you found this helpful article . If you know of another way to prevent an iOS update from installing or downloading, please share it in the comments section below! Thank you for reading!