Looking for how to reply on lock screen iOS 10? Apple‘s iOS 10 operating system offers a new feature that allows you to reply to text messages and other notifications on your lock screen. This can be a convenient way to respond to a message quickly, but it can also be a security risk if someone else has access to your device.
In this article, we’ll show you how to enable or disable this feature on your iPhone or iPad. Check out our quick and easy guide on how to do it on iOS 10.
- 1 How To Enable Reply To Messages On Lock Screen iOS 10
- 2 How To Respond Notifications From The Lock Screen iOS 11
- 3 What To Do If You Can’t Respond To Notifications From The Lock Screen
- 4 When You 3D Touch, What Happens?
- 5 Other Methods of Notification Interaction
- 6 How To Delete All Notifications At The Same Time
- 7 FAQs
- 8 Conclusion
How To Enable Reply To Messages On Lock Screen iOS 10
- Locate the notice to which you wish to respond.
- Swipe the notification to the left.
- You’ll see various choices depending on the kind of notice.
- If you get a Message, for example, swipe left and Tap View.
- Messages will appear in a box. You may respond immediately from the Lock Screen.
- Swipe right and hit Access to open the notice in the app.
- Swipe the notice to the left and hit Clear to dismiss it.
Some alerts will only allow you to dismiss them. The app determines which activities display when you 3D Touch or swipe left on a notification. I can save an item for later reading, thanks to notifications from the Medium app. Experiment with various alerts to explore all of your possibilities.
How To Respond Notifications From The Lock Screen iOS 11
Locate the notice to which you wish to respond. Swipe down from the top of any Home screen on your unlocked iPhone to access the Notification Middle, and swipe from the center of the screen on your locked iPhone to access the Notification Center.
Whether your iPhone is locked or not, you’ll need to slide down from the top left side of your Home screen on the iPhone X.
- Hard-press the screen to activate 3D Touch.
- A box will appear depending on the notice, with several options you may do.
- If you get a message, for example, 3D Touch the notification to bring up a box where you may respond directly from the Lock screen.
- If you’re using an iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, or a newer smartphone, the default method to interact with alerts is to 3D Touch on them.
- If you’re using an iPhone SE or iPad Pro that doesn’t support 3D Touch, you’ll need to slide left on the notification and then hit “View” to see the same popup.
In the Notification Center, the technology functions in a similar way.
What To Do If You Can’t Respond To Notifications From The Lock Screen
It’s most likely a settings issue if you can’t react or respond to Messages alerts from the Lock screen. When your iPhone is locked, you’ll need to grant access to Messages. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Touch ID & Passcode. Put your passcode in here.
- Allow Access When Locked is located at the bottom of the page.
- Toggle on Respond with Message to reply to alerts from the Lock screen.
When You 3D Touch, What Happens?
When you 3D Touch a notification from Messages or any other messaging app that has been updated for iOS 10, you’ll get a preview of the discussion at the top, text input, and the keyboard at the bottom.
As a result, you’ll be able to rapidly enter and submit an answer while reading the discussion and seeing other responses.
You’ll be prompted to confirm by scanning your fingerprint on the Touch ID sensor before replying.
Other Methods of Notification Interaction
When you 3D Touch a notice, you’ll receive several Quick Actions in addition to the opportunity to respond. This is a possibility for archiving an email.
You’ll also receive live material if you’re using an app like Uber or whatever else that’s been upgraded to offer rich previews in iOS 10. You’ll be able to monitor your Uber vehicle, for example, right there.
How To Delete All Notifications At The Same Time
You don’t always want to reply to your alerts; sometimes, you simply want to get rid of them completely. On iOS, you may Clear All by 3D Touching the tiny X in the upper right corner of the Notification Center. Instead, with iOS 11, you’ll only have the ability to remove notifications from that day.
Current and older notifications now split your notifications in iOS 11. To remove older notifications, 3D Touch the X in the upper right corner. On your iPhone, this will bring up the option to Clear All Notifications at Once.
Is It Possible To Respond To Text Messages From The Lock Screen?
If the fast reply option is turned off, you can’t respond to text message or email on the iPhone lock screen. Here’s how you can make this feature work for you.
Navigate to Settings, scroll down to Touch ID & Passcode, and input your passcode. Under ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED, enable “Reply with Message.”
Why Aren’t My Messages Shown On My Lock Screen?
- Open Settings > Alerts, choose the app whose notifications you aren’t receiving, such as Messages, and turn off “Show in History.”
- Turn off and on your iPhone or iPad. Select Notifications from the drop-down menu under Settings > Notifications.
- Toggle off “Allow Notifications” on the app, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on.
How Do You Respond To A Particular Message On iMessage?
Tap the text-entry area to the left of the Send button to bring up the keyboard and respond to the message on the screen. Tap Send after typing your response. After dismissing a message’s notification, press the Messages button to read or respond to it.
What Exactly Is A Quick Reply?
Some journal layouts provide a Quick Reply option that enables you to publish comments and responses without loading a new page. When Quick Reply is turned on, the commenting link opens a window where you may type your remark, choose an icon, and preview and publish it using the relevant buttons.
That’s all about how to quick reply on lock screen ios 10. What is the one feature of iOS 10 that you most enjoy? The Today View on the Lock screen widgets is unquestionably our favorite feature. Lacoon hope you found this article helpful and please share your thoughts in the comments section below.