If you’re looking for a quick and easy way for how to set alarm on Android device, look no further! If you’re like most people, you probably use your smartphone as your alarm clock. This helpful guide will show you exactly how to do it.
- 1 How to Set An Alarm For an Android Tablet Or Phone
- 2 How to Set an Android Alarm with Bixby
- 3 Google Assistant: How to Set an Alarm
- 4 How to Set an Android 4.4 (Kitkat), to 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- 5 How Can I Set an Android one-time Alarm?
- 6 How to Create a Recurring Alarm in Android
- 7 How to Set a Timer on Android
- 8 Set Calendar Alarm on Android Phone
- 9 FAQs
- 10 Conclusion
How to Set An Alarm For an Android Tablet Or Phone
Android’s Clock app can set multiple alarms to wake you up at different times each day. These are the simple steps to take.
Method 1: On Most Android Phones
Open the Clock app to set an Android alarm. You can locate it by opening the Clock app.
1. Tap “ALARM” tab in the top-left corner of the Clock App.
2. The plus sign (+) is located at the bottom-right of the screen to add alarm. Set the alarm clock. On an analog clock, slide the hand to the desired hour. Then move your hand to the desired number of minutes. Tap on the word “Date” to change the frequency of the alarm.
3. You can customize the sound, vibration, and snooze options of your alarm.
4. Click “SAVE” to save your settings.
After you have set your alarm, flip the switch near its time to turn it on or off.
How to Set an Android Alarm with Bixby
Samsung Bixby allows you to create and use alarms for your Samsung phone by speaking.
- Hold the Bixby button down.
- Bixby will need to know the time that you want an alarm set. Say, “Set an alarm at 7 a.m.” Bixby will automatically add a new alarm in the Clock app.
- Press and hold the Bixby button to turn off an alarm. Bixby will ask you which alarm you wish to turn off. For example, “Turn the alarm off for 7 a.m.” “Turn the alarm off for later.”
Google Assistant: How to Set an Alarm
Setting it with Google Assistant is easy. All you have to do to get the ball rolling is to ask if it has to access to your smartphone.
- To wake up Google Assistant, say “Ok Google”.
- Speak: “Set an alarm!”
- Google Assistant will ask you when. Or, you can say, “Set an Alarm for 7:00 AM.”
How to Set an Android 4.4 (Kitkat), to 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
Android older versions have an easier interface to set alarms. Although the basic concepts of alarms are still there, they’re a little easier to set.
- Once you are in the Clock app select the time that you want to set your alarm.
- Here is where you can set the time. Simply move the dial as you choose each number you want for your alarm.
- After you have set the time, click OK.
- Select the box Repeat to set the days that the alarm should go off.
- You can choose which day you would like the alarm to sound.
- To set the alarm sound, click on the Bell icon
- To continue, select the alarm sound you prefer and click the back button.
- Select Label to give your alarm a name.
- Enter the name you want and click OK.
How Can I Set an Android one-time Alarm?
You can also use the Clock app to set your alarm. The interface may vary between Android phones because each manufacturer changes Android as they see fit. However, the principles are applicable to all models.
Remember that alarms can sound even when your phone screen is turned off (in sleep mode) and even if the volume is set to vibrate or silent. You can adjust the volume of the alarm volume separately by going to the Settings app, under something like “Sounds” or “Volume”.
If you turn off your phone completely, the alarm won’t sound.
Open the Clock app and then click the Alarm tab at the bottom. You will see the option to add an alarm at the top of your main panel. You’ll see a timer in the upper half of your screen.
There are also various settings in its lower half. Scroll down or up until you find the one that interests you, and then continue the process for minutes.
Once you have the time you desire, you can tell the app which day to set the alarm. To do this, tap on the calendar icon located just above each row of letters. You will see a small window that allows you to tap on the day you need the alarm. Once you have selected the date, tap Done.
Below these fields is a field called Alarm Name. You can tap it to give the alert its own title.
You can change the sound and vibration type, as well as how the Snooze function will work. To change the Alarm sound, tap on it. This will open a menu that allows you to tap Ringtone or select tunes for each alarm.
You can toggle each setting on and off. This allows you to set vibration-only alerts for those times when you are not in a quiet area or meeting. Once you are satisfied with everything, tap Save. Your alarm will now be set and ready to go. The details can be found in the Alarm section.
How to Create a Recurring Alarm in Android
If you want it to go off on various days or the same ones every week, this is simple to do. Follow the steps above, but instead of pressing the calendar icon when setting the date, touch the letter or letters that reflect the days you need the alarm. That’s all there is to it. Everything else is the same.
How to Set a Timer on Android
If you just need a brief alert to inform you when the rice is done, or if you utilize the Pomodoro method to perform 20 minutes of uninterrupted attention on chores, the Timer function is better than a full-fledged alarm.
Set Calendar Alarm on Android Phone
Calendar alarms can be used to remind you of important dates like birthdays, doctor appointments, meetings, and other data-related events.
- Open Calendar app on your Android Phone/Tablet.
- Tap the + icon to create a new calendar alarm
- Next tap on the type (Goal, Reminder or Event) of Calendar Alarm you wish to Setup.
- Next, you can enter the Date, Time and Location details for your Calendar Event.
1. Can my phone be used as a clock?
The Clock app can be used on any Android device with Android 4.4 or higher. Important: This is an older Android version
2. Is there an alarm clock on Google?
The Google Home is a great clock, whether you’re using it to wake up in the mornings or take a short nap. Although Google Home may be simple, they are very easy to set up and use. Simply say, “OK Google, set the alarm for 7 a.m.” or “OK Google, Set an Alarm for 25 Minutes.”
3. Can my phone be turned into a clock at night?
Open the Google Clock app. It may take some time before the feature is fully available to all Android phones. Look for the Bedtime Mode tab towards the bottom. You can choose when you would prefer to go to sleep or start to wind down and when you want your alarm to go off.
4. How can you ensure your alarm rings?
How to make sure your iPhone alarm goes off
- Open the Clock app for your iPhone.
- To open the alarm settings screen, tap the “Alarm Tab”.
- To turn your alarm on, tap the “On/Off” switch near it. If your alarm is not on, it will not alert you at the time set.
- Tap the “Edit” button to change the alarm time.
In short, To set the alarm on Android devices, you’ll need to first open the Clock app. Then, tap on the “Alarm” tab and press the “+” button to create a new alarm. From here, you can set the time, repeat frequency, and alarm tone. Once you’re done, just tap on the “Save” button, and your alarm will be set!
Lacoon hopes the above guide which helps you understand how to set an alarm on android phone. Thank you for taking the time to read!