When Apple released iOS 15, many users were wondering what does delivered quietly mean iOS 15. This feature allows users to silence all notifications for a specific period, whether an hour, a day or even indefinitely. This can be useful when you want to focus on work or school or need a break from the constant stream of notifications. Read on for more information about this topic!
- 1 What Does Deliver Quietly Mean iOS 15?
- 2 How to Make iPhone Notifications Deliver Quietly
- 3 How To Switch Between Delivering Quietly And Delivering Loudly
- 4 What Is The Process For Turning On Do Not Disturb?
- 5 How To Turn Off App Alerts For An Hour Or A Day In iOS 15
- 6 How to Fix iPhone Not Receiving Text Notifications
- 7 FAQs
- 8 Conclusion
What Does Deliver Quietly Mean iOS 15?
As we all know, iOS 12 introduced a new feature called grouped notification, which allows us to handle notifications on the lock screen more conveniently. In addition, your iPhone alerts have changed somewhat.
When a notification appears on an iPhone running iOS 12 or above, you have two additional options: Deliver Quietly and Turn Off.
Deliver Quietly displays an app’s notice in the notification center and adds app icon badges, but it does not appear on the lock screen, display banners, or play a sound or vibration.
Turn Off allows users to turn off all notifications from a certain app.
How to Make iPhone Notifications Deliver Quietly
Deliver silently allows you to mute a notice from a specific app that appears on the lock screen. To enable Deliver Quietly on iPhone, follow the steps below:
- To access the notification center, swipe down from the top of your iPhone. The notification center will launch automatically if Face ID is enabled.
- Swipe left over an alert or group of notifications in the app you wish to apply the notice to.
- To get alerts without sound or slideshows, go to Manage and choose Deliver Quietly for that individual app.
How To Switch Between Delivering Quietly And Delivering Loudly
If you don’t want to get silence notifications and miss critical messages, just follow the instructions below to turn off deliver quietly feature on your iPhone:
Swipe down from the top of your iPhone to find the app’s notifications you want to switch off and deliver discreetly on the lock screen or notification center > Swipe the notification to the left.
Tap Manage > Deliver Prominently. The app’s notice will appear as normal after that.
You may also change a specific app’s notification directly in Settings:
Open the iPhone’s Settings app > Select the app you wish to control from the Notifications menu > “Allow Notifications” and “Sounds” should be toggled on.
What Is The Process For Turning On Do Not Disturb?
You may wish to activate Do Not Disturb instead of utilizing Deliver Quietly. You’ll be able to turn off all the apps at once, and any incoming calls will be sent to voicemail.
Here’s how to make Do Not Disturb work for you:
- Open the Settings app and turn on Do Not Disturb.
- DND can also be set to turn on at specific times throughout the day.
- Go to Focus > Settings.
- Select Do Not Interrupt
- Turn on the Scheduled option.
- Choose the time of day you’d want it to go off.
How To Turn Off App Alerts For An Hour Or A Day In iOS 15
You may use these procedures to temporarily stop alerts from a certain iPhone app if you simply want some peace and quiet.
To access Notification Center, swipe down from the top-middle section of the iPhone screen. Swipe up if you’re on the Lock Screen. Here you’ll see the unread app alerts.
- Swipe left on a notification from an app and choose Options.
- Toggle between Mute for 1 Hour and Mute for Today.
- If you choose disable deliver quietly, all alerts for that app will be turned off permanently.
Important Note: During my testing, we discovered that muting for 1 hour or today makes no difference in the iPhone Notification Settings or the in-app notification settings.
So, before one hour or today, the only method to undo this adjustment is to swipe left on the notice in the Notification Center and choose Unmute. If you cleared the notice, you wouldn’t be able to unmute it until that app sends you another notification in the Notification Center!
In iOS 14, iOS 13, and iOS 12, you may arrange alerts to deliver quietly.
On earlier versions of iOS, muting alerts was a straightforward process. Here’s how to do it.
- On your iPhone, go to Notification Center.
- To manage notifications, swipe left on it and tap Manage.
- Tap Deliver Quietly.
- Follow steps 1–2 and hit Deliver Prominently to turn it off.
How to Fix iPhone Not Receiving Text Notifications
- Tap Messages in the Settings menu.
- Tap Notifications from the menu.
- Allow Notifications is turned on.
When My iPhone Isn’t On Silent, Why Is It So Quiet?
If you haven’t turned on Do Not Disturb, silent mode, or delivered quietly, the issue might be due to a lack of loudness. Continue to hold down the Volume Up button until you can hear sound clearly again.
Alternatively, you might clog your receiver with dust. Pressurized air can fire short, controlled bursts; wet a swab with rubbing alcohol and wipe the receiver clean.
Of course, your iOS version might be malfunctioning. You’ll need to update to iOS 15 if your iPhone is running iOS 14 or earlier.
How Do You Tell Whether Someone’s Phone Is Set To Do Not Disturb Mode?
Please take a look at the lock screen of their phone. Is there a little moon symbol in the upper right corner? If you do, Do Not Disturb will be activated.
You may also contact them to double-check, but your call would go straight to voicemail. However, having DND turned on isn’t the sole reason a call gets routed to voicemail. It’s possible that the person you called has call forwarding activated or is in an area with poor reception.
You may wish to send a message and check its delivery status to see whether someone has turned on DND. This, however, will not be achievable. As usual, you will deliver your messages app. The other individual would be unaware of it.
If the other person doesn’t respond to your text after many hours, they’re likely turned on Do Not Disturb (or even Delivery Quietly or quiet mode), which is why they haven’t seen it. However, this is just a hypothesis and not a guaranteed thing.
That’s all about what is delivered quietly and how to turn it on and off on your iPhone 7/8/X/XS(Max)/XR by following these steps. Lacoon hope this post can help you get the method on how to turn on and off quietly.