- Lacoon Mobile Security
There are a few possible reasons why is there an error installing iOS 15. One possibility is that your device is not compatible with the new operating system. Another possibility is that there is something wrong with the iOS 15 installation file itself.
Finally, it is also possible that there are already too many apps and files on your device, and there is not enough space for the new operating system. Read on for getting step by step guides!
- 1 Fix iPhone Can’t Update To iOS 15
- 1.1 Place Device In Airplane Mode
- 1.2 Restart
- 1.3 SIM Removed
- 1.4 Get Wi-Fi
- 1.5 Disable Hotspot
- 1.6 Disable VPN
- 1.7 Charge Your Device
- 1.8 Turn Off The Low Power Mode
- 1.9 Save Space On Your iPhone
- 1.10 Reset Network Settings
- 1.11 Redownload the Software Update
- 1.12 Use PC to Install Update
- 1.13 Remove Restrictions
- 1.14 How To Install iOS 15 With iTunes
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Fix iPhone Can’t Update To iOS 15
Place Device In Airplane Mode
First, enable Airplane mode on your iPhone or iPad. This will cause all network connections to be disconnected and resolve any network-related errors.
Open Settings, and then enable the toggle next Airplane mode. The status bar will now display an airplane icon. Give it a moment. Next, use the same toggle to turn it off.
Next, restart your iPhone/iPad. The “Unable to Install” error is often fixed by restarting the device. To do this, press the physical buttons (Volume down and Power) together. You can also go to Settings > General > Shutdown. To turn on the device, press the Power button once the screen goes black.
Many iPhones users have reported that the new iOS issue was fixed by re-inserting their SIM tray. Remove the SIM tray from your computer and place it back.
This is a useful method for getting the “Unable verify update” error. It will also work with other errors such as “Unable to update iOS 15”.
These are some Wi-Fi fixes you should consider when error occurred installing ios
- If the problem persists, restart your router.
- Turn off Wi-Fi to try installing the update via cellular network.
- You might try a different Wi Fi connection.
When you update your iPhone or iPad, disconnect from a hotspot network if you are connected. Instead, connect to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
Also, disable VPN during installation of any iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 software updates. Go to Settings > General > VPN. Disconnect any VPNs that are connected. If you’re using a third party VPN app, turn it off.
Charge Your Device
You won’t be allowed to update the iOSsoftware if your battery is low. You should have at least 50% battery life. Before installing the update, charge the phone.
Turn Off The Low Power Mode
Why is there an error when installing iOS 15? Maybe because your iPhone or iPad has been set to Low power mode. The battery icon is a good indicator.
If the icon is yellow, Low power mode has been enabled. Go to Settings > Battery. Turn off the toggle next Low power mode.
Save Space On Your iPhone
Insufficient storage space could result in “Unable To Install Update.” The installation was not successful. You will need to ensure that you have enough storage space on your device in order to download and install the latest updates from the apple server.
- Check the amount of storage available on your iPhone.
- Navigate to Settings and then General
- Click on iPhone Storage to see how much storage you have.
You will need to log in to Manage Storage to access your applications. The next step is to access all of your apps and the space that they take up. Once you have an idea of the available space on your iPhone you can sort through your apps to free up some space.
- Go to Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Tap on “Device Storage.”
- You can find and remove all apps and content that are not being used from your device storage.
- Next, choose the option “Delete”
- Another option is to delete old messages, photos and videos that are no more useful.
Reset Network Settings
Resetting network settings is a good option if the above methods don’t work. To do so, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings.
Keep in mind that all network connections will be reset after you do this. Your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices will need to be set up again. Once you have reset your network settings, reconnect to Wi-Fi and then try to install the update.
Redownload the Software Update
After the new iOS setup file was downloaded, but it could not start the installation, this error message appeared on the screen. This indicates that the iOS file is corrupted or an incompatible version.
Lacoon recommend deleting downloaded iOS files from your device and redownloading on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
Scroll down to the Settings app > General > iPhone storage. Find filename with iOS 15 Swipe right and delete it.
My iPhone 13 Pro Max was attempting to update iOS 15 Beta. However, the system encountered an error while installing iOS 15 Developer Beta. After trying a few things, we resolved my problem by redownloading the update file.
Sometimes, an iPhone crashes with the iOS 15 Update file. Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Install new software.
Use PC to Install Update
If none of these solutions work, you can upgrade your iPhone or iPad using Finder or iTunes.
Open iTunes by connecting your device to a computer. Click on the device name to open Summary > Check for updates. Click the Download and Update button.
Another reason for error occurred installing ios is because something is blocking the device from doing this. We will disable privacy and content restrictions from your device.
- Tap Settings on the Home screen.
- Choose Screen Time
- Tap to disable the switch next Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Next, go to Settings > General > Software Update to download the latest iOS version.
How To Install iOS 15 With iTunes
Using iTunes is more difficult but still safer than using your iPhone directly. How to install it on iPhone using iTunes
- You should ensure that iTunes is the most recent version installed on your computer.
- Get the IPSW document from Apple’s official website.
- Start iTunes on your computer.
- You can connect your iPhone to the computer and use iTunes to reinforce.
- Get your iPhone into DFU mode.
- Select your device from iTunes and click “Option” while you tap on the Check For Updates button.
- Select the IPSW file you have downloaded from iTunes and it will begin to install iOS for your iPhone.
Is Updating To iOS 15 Going To Delete Your Iphone’S Data?
No. There is no need to worry about losing any important files or data when updating to iOS, as nothing will be removed from your iPhone or iPad during the process.
Why Can’t iOS 15 Be Installed On My Ipad?
Turn off the Low Power Mode
You might not be able to update the iOS software if your iPhone or iPad has been set to Low power mode. The battery icon is a good indicator. If the icon is yellow, Low power mode has been enabled. Go to Settings > Battery.
Is My Ipad Too Old For iOS 14?
The iPad’s 14 update is available for older iPads. Software updates are faster and smoother on older models, but those who still have their iPad Air 2 and iPad mini four can download the latest version of iPadOS.
There are many options to fix the “an error occurred installing iOS 15” issue during an update. We’ve shared the steps to install iOS 15.4 on iPhone. If you find this helpful, please share it. Please share a better idea in our comments section if you have a better idea.