- Lacoon Mobile Security
Are you looking for how to disable Microsoft Security Essentials? Microsoft security essential is a program that runs in the background of your computer and provides real-time protection against malware and other threats. You may want to disable this program if you are having issues with it or if you do not need real-time protection. Check out this guide for step-by-step instructions on how to do it.
- 1 How To Disable Microsoft Security Essential
- 2 Alternative Methods to Disable Microsoft Security Essentials
- 3 How to Disable Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows 10
- 4 Why You Need to Disable MSEs on Windows 10
- 5 How to Start Microsoft Security Essentials
- 6 What is the Value of Microsoft Security Essentials?
- 7 FAQs
- 8 Conclusion
How To Disable Microsoft Security Essential
Disable Microsoft Security Essential from Security Settings
- Open Microsoft security essentials (MSE). Click “Start” to type “security” into the search box at the bottom. To open the program, click the “Microsoft Security Essentials icon” subheading in the search results.
- Open Settings. After the program loads, a new window will appear. There will be four tabs at the top. Click the Settings tab from these options.
- Deactivate real-time protection to display boxes will be displayed to show the new menu. Click the “Real-time protection” option in the box to the left. The right display box should read “Turn on Real-Time Protection (recommended),” and there should also be a checkbox.
- To disable MSE, uncheck this box. If you have enabled the User Account Control, you will see it on your screen. You must specify your credentials or permission to pass the UAC elevation. Click Save changes.
- It is important to note that disabling MSE, even if you have no other security software installed on your computer, can expose your computer to malware and viruses.
- You can enable MSE once again by following the same steps, but make sure you check the “real-time Protection” box.
Note: Protection in real-time: MSEs provides real-time protection for your computer against any security threat. It will alert you if your computer is infected by spyware, viruses, or any other malicious software that attempts to install on it. It addresses these issues before they cause serious damage.
Disable MSE from PC Startup
- Open MSCONFIG. Press the R key to open MSCONFIG. In the lower-left corner of your screen, you will see a small window. Enter “MSConfig” in this window and hit Enter.
- Once the program loads, click the Startup tab. This tab contains a list listing all the programs that will start when your PC boots up.
- Disable MSE. Look for “Microsoft Security Client” under the “Startup Item” section. It should have a checkbox just to the left. To disable MSE, uncheck the checkbox.
- To continue, click “Apply” in the bottom right corner of the window.
- Restart your computer. After clicking “OK”, a popup will ask you to restart your computer in order to apply the changes. Click “Restart” to do so.
Alternative Methods to Disable Microsoft Security Essentials
This alternative method can be used to disable MSEs.
Press the Windows key for a long and simultaneously click on the R key.
Enter MSConfig in the window at the bottom left of your screen.
A startup button will appear at the top of your screen. Click it. This tab lists all programs that are automatically started when the computer boots up.
Select the Microsoft Security Client tab. Check the box to the left of the tab.
Click on the Apply button in the bottom right corner of your PC and then click OK.
A popup message will appear asking you to restart your computer. To allow the changes to take place, accept the popup message.
MSEs will now be disabled and won’t start automatically when your computer is turned on.
How to Disable Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows 10
Follow these instructions to disable MSEs for Windows 10.
- Long-press the Windows 10 key on your Windows 10 computer and simultaneously click the R key. The Run dialog will open.
- Click OK and type task mgr.
- Right-click the Windows Defender Service tab.
- To deactivate Windows Defender Service, click Stop. This will make Windows Defender ineffective at preventing you from disabling MSEs.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on the Features and Programs tab.
- Click on the Uninstall a program button. The screen will display a list of installed programs.
- Select Microsoft Security Essentials and click Uninstall.
- The computer will then need to be restarted.
Why You Need to Disable MSEs on Windows 10
Microsoft Security Essentials must be disabled on Windows 10, as the operating system includes Windows Defender. It cannot be used in conjunction with the in-house antivirus. Windows Defender is intended to replace MSEs. (See other top internet security software programs). The latter cannot be used in Windows 10.
Windows Defender is supposed to replace MSEs when you upgrade your Windows 7/8/8.1 PC to Windows 10. Windows Defender may not be able to replace MSEs, so they can co-exist on one PC.
You won’t be able to use the two programs together. Instead, you will see a message pop up on your screen advising you that Windows Defender has been disabled each time your computer boots up.
To make Windows Defender work, you will have more problems if you try to uninstall MSEs. Windows Defender is designed for Microsoft Security Essentials installation and uninstallation restrictions.
MSEs has been discontinued. The last time the software was used was January 14, 2020. Microsoft will continue to release signature updates to service systems that still use MSEs up until 2023. The software is no longer available for download.
How to Start Microsoft Security Essentials
Follow these instructions to start MSEs.
- To view all programs, click Start
- Select MSEs from the list.
- Click on the Home tab.
- Select one option from the scan options that you have on your computer and click the scan now tab. This scan will inspect the folders for security threats.
What is the Value of Microsoft Security Essentials?
Microsoft Security Essentials provides full protection for your computer against cyber threats.
It may not be the best option to protect your computer. Its performance is still below the best antivirus software like Kaspersky Lab and Bitdefender. Trend Micro and Norton are far better.
MSEs were not favored in AV-TEST’s evaluation of antivirus software that is based on different operating system platforms. AV-TEST downgrades MSEs despite its excellent usability and system impact. This is due to its poor antivirus protection.
The software ranks number five in the overall rankings, according to recent MSEs tests. It scored 16.5 out of 18 points. It scored 6 in usability and 5.5 in protection. It achieved 99.3% protection against security threats and 100 percent zero-day vulnerabilities.
1. Are MSEs better than Windows Defender?
Microsoft Security Essentials offers better malware protection than Windows Defender. It can protect your computer against malicious software, while Windows Defender protects it against a limited amount of malware.
MSEs can be downloaded for free on Windows 7 and Vista-based PCs. It protects your computer against viruses, spyware, and other malware. Windows Defender comes pre-installed with Windows 7 and Windows Vista. It is free to download.
This is a protection program that protects your computer from spyware and other malware. It won’t protect your computer from viruses.
2. How can I disable my firewall and antivirus Windows 7?
Open Control Panel. It is searchable, or you can use the Start menu in Windows. Select System and Security for Windows 7 from the Control Panel. Or, go directly to Windows Defender For Windows 8 and higher. Select “Turn Windows Disable Firewall On or Off” in Windows Defender.
3. How can I disable antivirus without an administrator?
Scroll down to the Services section and locate Windows Firewall. Double click on it. Click on Apply and then OK. This video is for anyone who uses Windows computers and wishes to disable the firewall.
4. How can I disable Windows Firewall with no administrator?
To open the Windows Run box, hold down the Windows key + R. Type in services to open the Runbox. To open the Windows Services setting, type MSC then hit enter. Stop the Windows Firewall program. You can also go to the control panel, find Firewall Settings, and turn it off
In this article, Lacoon has tried to give you a brief idea about Microsoft’s security essential and the way to disable it. We hope this article was useful for you. We would love to know your opinions and feedback. Thank you for taking the time to read!